screen, projection

Dehler 39 ( 2002) Mast Boot Leak

Dehler 39 ( 2002) Mast Boot Leak

Postby britishsea » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:10 pm

I have a new (to me) Dehler 39 ( built in 2002) and i am trying to track down the sources of rain water leaks. I am getting significant amounts of fresh water in the bilge and the only place i can find that is leaking is the mast boot ( ie, where the mast penetrates the deck) . There is a complicated rubber mast-boot assembly and im wonder if there are parts there that need periodic replacement?

Does any one have experience with mast leak repairs or know what what manufacture made the mast boot assembly so i can contact them?

Also, the Dehler 39 seems to have such a shallow bilge that there is no single low point where all water will collect in sufficient depth to pick up small amounts of water that finds it's way into the bilge. Has anyone found a solution to centrally collecting and disposing of small amounts of water? Right now im having to use a sponge to manually remove water....
britishsea

Boat type: Dehler 39 J&V

Re: Dehler 39 ( 2002) Mast Boot Leak

Postby britishsea » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:00 pm

up date to my below post, mast boot is a sparcraft design and parts are still available. The existing seal seems to be be hardened with age an as a result allowing water to pass. I have added some sealant to the mast key and that seems to have stopped the majority of any rain water egress. When i next have to remove the mast, i will at that time try to replace the seal.
britishsea

Boat type: Dehler 39 J&V

Return to Dehler 39 J&V