screen, projection

MFD near the wheel

MFD near the wheel

Postby kimbp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:04 pm

I'd like to have my MFD close to the wheel.

Currently my best idea is to fit a B&G Vulcan 7 in a NavPod (https://navpod.com/product/pp4400-12/) and put it on top of the pedestal instead of the compass.

Anyone having a better solution for mounting an MFD near the wheel?
kimbp

Boat type: Dehler 39 J&V

Re: MFD near the wheel

Postby kimbp » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:32 pm

I ended up with the Navpod solution. Didn't find anything better. I can provide you with information in case you are interested.

The coming months will show if it works. My biggest concern is water ingress. From sites I've found at the web, water inside the pedestal seems to be really a killer.
Attachments
console_complete.jpg
Ready to go.
console_complete.jpg (107.37 KiB) Viewed 174 times
console_cables.jpg
Notice how I've chosen my cabling. The original LED power came up through the little square hole.
console_cables.jpg (104.73 KiB) Viewed 174 times
kimbp

Postby jon77 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:20 am

Hi kimpb, we've installed a B&G Zeus 3 (12") on a bracket forward of the wheel and above the compass - when I can get to the boat (marina currently closed) I'll get a photo
Jon

BTW we had a leak from the compass light cable hole (into the rear starboard cabin) but managed to fix with sealant
jon77

Postby kimbp » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi Jon

It is always interesting to see how people solve their challenges. Would have been better to get the information before making my own solution though.

Last year I had to remove the pedestal and put in new sealing between pedestal and cockpit to avoid wet mattresses in the aft cabin.
kimbp

Return to Dehler 39 J&V